Supplemental health insurance, reinvented.
Invited brokers from our inaugural agency partners have a head start on bringing Brella’s simple supplemental health insurance to market, and we can’t wait to meet you. Check out Brella—then get in touch to chat with us 1:1 or request a quote today.
1. Covers 13,000+ conditions all in one plan
2. True complement to the overall health plan strategy
3. No covered accident or hospitalization requirements
4. No medical underwriting—100% guaranteed issue
5. No pre-existing condition limitations or exclusions
6. Benefits for many COVID-related conditions
7. HSA compatible
8. No coordination with other insurance benefits
9. Claims paid as early as 72 hours once approved
10. Dedicated Brella Concierge for employers and employees
Brokers just like you see Brella as a way to win new business and round out existing accounts. Four new strategies have surfaced:
1. Supplement employer health plan changes with Brella
Reduce the overall health plan premiums and use Brella as a cost-effective way to manage higher deductibles or out-of-pocket maximums.
2. Shift employer HSA contributions to a Brella plan
The typical employer HSA contribution is only 17% of the average employee out-of-pocket maximum. Brella provides more coverage per employer dollar. (Source: Kaiser Family Foundation, 2019 Employer Health Benefits Survey)
3. Redirect employer dollars to a benefit employees will use
Deliver more value with Brella to a greater number of employees—where they feel the most pain (high out-of-pocket medical costs).
4. Leverage self-funded claims data to drive decision-making
Brella can provide a retrospective analysis of health plan utilization and apply sample benefit amounts to illustrate potential plan performance.